Monday, February 19, 2007

Midwinter stretch

I like the new layout. Hope my occasional blog pals like it too.

Have you seen http://postsecret.blogspot.com ? It is funny, poignant, sick -- all at the same time. Just thought I'd mention it as it is one of the best escape-but-I-am-not-alone sites I have seen.

Life continues in progress. Finally dug my daughter's car out of the ice at GMU yesterday. It had been encased for about a week. Temperatures have been low and it was easier, in the end, to use my old rock hammer and a prybar :-) It took about and hour and a half with the help of my strapping teenaged son (6'2", eyes o' blue).

The horses have been "trapped" in the barn for a week. We let them out into the indoor arena and they go wild. Exercise and just freedom to run rampant - for a few minutes. Then we feed them up and put them back in the stalls. They will be glad to be back in the pasture, eating grass and playing horsey games soon. My wifey and I drove down to Powhatan VA to get a saddle. We took 522, kind of like a back road (ok, not really, but smaller and slower than 29 to Lynchburg, more like Rt 1). It was all quite nice. Good to get out of town for awhile. May consider retiring to there....maybe, or somewhere like there anyway.

Work drones on. No dominoes, no lunches out. Some of this is because we have deadlines looming, but a lot is because the soul and energy seems to have left the place. I will have to try harder to make some new friends there but my heart is not currently in it. I wonder if I am having winter blues. Guess we'll see when Spring gets here and I don't have any excuses anymore. Could be a good time to get on with doing stuff I enjoy more. I mean, 6 weeks of vacation??!! So, what am I talking about? I'll have plenty of time to play - woohoo!!

See Mr. Harris, no grumpy stuff, no blog o' scorn.... :-)

1 comment:

The Dogfather said...

Sounds like you've been "trapped in the barn" or whatever the kids are calling it these days, a touch too long yerself. You should go out to lunch... maybe sushi.
;-)