Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hallow e'en party

It was a tremendously stressful week at work this week. Not so much where I usually work as in my "inherited" collateral duty in Reston. So, we decided to blow off the traditional Hallow e'en party at the farm in Winchester and, instead, went to a Hallow e'en party thrown by the wife's coworkers. It was a good time with a couple of tequila shots, some blue shooters (tasted like citron vodka mixed with curacao) and mead. Yep, the mead horn went with my costume (the Green Man) so I was able to drink profligate amounts of mead from the mead horn. Never got a buzz, but the company was good and the drinks tasty.

Celtic New year starts on Samhain, the old name for Hallow e'en, or Halloween as it gets spelled nowadays, and there were a few Pagans at the party who liked the costumes; I went as the horned winter green man (Holly Man) and the wife went as the summer green man (Oak Man). Weird, archetypal and a little scary :-) but about what you'd expect from us. The other costumes ranged from very cool to pretty lame -- again, about what you'd expect.

On the horse front as an update, the gelding is looking GREAT and may be ridable soon. We have him tricked out in a black coat to keep him from shivering at night and straining his boo boos. The mare is looking better and continues to bulk up - she no longer looks like a candidate for the glue factory. Made her trot a bit in the ring and, as she used to, she looked maahhhvelous. The filly is so sweet, well trained (uh hem) and cute, that I have started to get offers for her. She should end up about 16 hands and is an excellent eventing prospect (so far). Hope their intentions are honorable as I may be tempted to sell her to a good home (I have one in mind). She is so fun to work with...I would miss her.

Well, time to set the clocks back. Tomorrow, Dogfather may exact some revenge for some minor pranks I did on his birthday. I may take some of the day off ;-)

3 comments:

The Dogfather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Dogfather said...

Pranks? Moi? I resemble that remark...
I promise nothing "life altering" this year, but watch your step!

Oh sounds like the party was fun, any chance for photos of the costumes?
*grin*

bahnsidthe said...

I will ask.